It’s that time of year again!
The Provincial Eating Disorders Awareness (PEDAW) Campaign: love our bodies, love ourselves, is launched every year from February 1-7 with activities and events taking place throughout the year. It is a province wide effort to raise awareness around prevention and early intervention of eating disorders as well as media literacy, resiliency, building healthy body image and self-esteem!
Are you a passionate, eager individual who wants to help others improve body image, reduce stigma of eating disorders, and spread awareness? Then our love our bodies, love ourselves movement is right for you!
- Become a love our bodies, love ourselves advocate! We always need help getting the word out about the love our bodies, love ourselves! movement! You can participate and join in by sharing our posts, images, videos, etc. through social media and using our hashtags: #loveourbodies, #pedaw, #Purple4PEDAW
- Become a guest blogger! For more information, see criteria listed here: http://goo.gl/forms/KI2wiyPkHN
- Host your own community event! We have a number of ideas for you to try out in your own community to help bring awareness. Want to book a display window in your community library? How about organizing a flashmob? Download our kit here: http://bit.ly/1MG9yYX And remember to share with us what activities you have planned through our online events calendar. http://goo.gl/forms/gyyLN6NWeX
- Create a PEDAW window display at your local library! To get started, fill out our form here: http://goo.gl/forms/GY63vpjYDy
- Stay in touch! Sign up for our quarterly Jessie’s Legacy Eating Disorders Prevention Program newsletter here: http://bit.ly/1R093Ks and click on “Jessie’s Legacy” to receive updates and events on eating disorders prevention and awareness!
- Sign up for your organization to light up #Purple4PEDAW: https://goo.gl/forms/jbdKeT7n4lap0IKn2
Be sure to check out last year’s campaign photos showcasing/highlighting the many residents wearing purple, wearing wristbands, something about it being a social media movement, and landmarks: https://storify.com/loveourbodies/purple4pedaw-2016
Again, thank-you for your continued support, we cannot tell you how much we value your help in spreading awareness.
- Wristband & Poster Request Form: http://goo.gl/forms/uXaQgBTbvZ
- Local Landmarks #Purple4PEDAW: https://goo.gl/forms/jbdKeT7n4lap0IKn2
- Confirmed #Purple4PEDAW: http://bit.ly/2ekvwqW
- PEDAW in a BOX! Events Guide: http://bit.ly/1MG9yYX
- PEDAW for Teachers: http://bit.ly/1OUXdFfQ
- Recommended Books: http://bit.ly/1OUXFfQ
- Jessie’s Legacy Newsletter Sign-up: http://bit.ly/1R093Ks
- Library Display Sign-up: http://goo.gl/forms/GY63vpjYDy
- Become a Guest Blogger: http://goo.gl/forms/KI2wiyPkHN
- PEDAW Event Sign-up: http://goo.gl/forms/gyyLN6NWeX
- PEDAW Event Listing: loveourbodiesloveourselves.eventbrite.com