February 1-7, 2016 is Eating Disorder Awareness week and we have a number of FREE activities. Read below for all the details.
Win an Ipad Mini in The Hunt to Love Our Bodies, Love Ourselves!
Date: Feb 1 – 29
Want to win prizes? Using your Android, iPhone or tablet device, complete missions for points using a free app called “GooseChase,” all in the name of Eating Disorders Awareness! Grand prize is an iPad Mini (donated by Family Services of the North Shore)!
Random Draw Prizes:
- $100.00 Gift Certificate towards The Source courtesy of Bell Let’s Talk
- $50.00 Best Buy Gift Certificate
- Inspirational Necklace from Wonderkath Etsy Shop
The game runs February 1, 2016 at 12:00amPST until February 29th, 2016 at 11:59pmPST
Details about the contest can be downloaded here. Join our Facebook event page to stay in the loop, and good luck!
How to Love Our Bodies, Love Ourselves Pinwheel Education Series Event
A partnership event with the Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre
Date: Feb. 4, 2016
- In person: Room P3-306, Mental Health Building #85, BC Children’s Hospital, 4555 Heather St., Vancouver, BC
- Telephone: Dial 1-877-291-3022 and enter the access code 4611577#
- Telehealth: Contact your local Telehealth coordinator to book a videoconference room and get them to forward your location name, room number and the ISDN/IP Address/Alias of your site to email@example.com. For questions, please contact Aazadeh Madani, Project Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest speakers: Lisa Papez of The Fat Yogini & Louise Green of Body Exchange
Details: Body image is perhaps the least understood and most complex of the issues the society experiences. The repetition of negative messages and experiences over time about our bodies can become internalized and influence not only our self-perception and self-talk, but about the body itself.
This special Pinwheel event, taking place during Eating Disorders Awareness week, will address the interplay between our brain, body and beliefs. Listeners will learn strategies that they can use so we can all learn how to love our bodies and love ourselves!
#Purple4PEDAW Feb. 5th
#Purple4PEDAW is a day designed to bring awareness to eating disorders. Various landmarks in BC will be turning #Purple4PEDAW in support including BC Place, Sails of Light (Canada Place), Olympic Cauldron Arms at Jack Poole Plaza (Vancouver Convention Centre) and more! Our list in progress of participating venues can be viewed here.
How you can support #Purple4PEDAW
- On Feb. 5th, wear purple! Send us photos of yourself and any BC purple landmarks on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Turn your social media #Purple4PEDAW during Eating Disorder Awareness Week (Feb. 1-7, 2016) by clicking here
- Join our ThunderclapIt campaign & help amplify our message! Click on the Facebook, Twitter and/or Tumblr links to register your support.
- Order one of our free Love our Bodies, Love Ourselves wristbands
- Display a message about #Purple4PEDAW on your social media channels