Scales Are for Fishes!
- To help participants identify the positive
things about their physical appearance and the aspects of themselves that
they like most.
- To assist in realizing that a person is more
than size and shape and that healthy is not necessarily dictated by a
number on a scale.
- To allow creative expression in order to
showcase the campaign messaging.
- Scales for participants to decorate
(participants can bring their own scale too)
- Space to decorate
- Crafts, glue, paint, etc. to decorate the
- Space to display entries (likely Children’s
- Prize for winners (‘Perfect is Boring!’
- Any event-related handouts or giveaways
explaining how scales can be negative
- Wristbands to give out
- Anything else you can think of!
Set Up and Implementation:
- Work with participants prior to the event to
educate them on the campaign.
- Assign them with guidelines.
- Take pictures of the entries and display them
on the website for people to vote
- Encourage viewers to vote for their favorite
and award the winning submission.
- Explain PEDAW, the wristbands, and what it’s
- Be creative with how you want to implement
- Take pictures of event and send to Amy to post
on up on PEDAW blog!