#Purple4PEDAW is a day designed to bring awareness to eating
disorders. In February 2015, landmarks in BC with purple lights included:
- BC Place
- The dome at Science World at TELUS World of Science
- The South
Okanagan Events Centre
- The Plaza at Surrey City Hall
- The Fountain at Lafarge
Lake in Coquitlam
- The Olympic Cauldron at the Vancouver at the Vancouver Convention Centre
- The Bastion in Nanaimo
- Cranes at BC Children’s Hospital
Members of the public showed their support by wearing purple and shared photos
both of themselves, and of landmarks with purple lights.
Date: Feb. 5, 2016 will be the official #Purple4PEDAW day. We encourage venues to turn purple on this day, or for the duration of National Eating Disorder Awareness Week, Feb. 1- Feb. 7th, 2016.
Email us if:
- Your venue wants to take part in our 2016 event
- You have ideas of potential venues in your own community
- You have a contact connected to a venue with whom PEDAW can follow up
Spread the word:
Download a copy of our call for venues and pass it on to your contacts and organizations in your community. Encourage them to take part in our 2016 event and register their support by emailing us.
Storify from 2015